I am continuing testing Mercury Beta which was received repaired after damage I made connecting 18.12V power supply to it. I am using two connections to the DAC: AES/EBU (XLR) and I2S via HDMI. I’m also comparing it to the PI2AES which I mentioned previously. It is all good when PI2AES is connected to DAC via both AES and I2S - the sound quality is very good with both (difficult to distinguish). When the Mercury is connected to the DAC via same connections and cables it as all good via AES but not good with I2S: initially the sound level for some reason was lower, after ~30 min of listening sound became distorted on the left channel. I tried to reboot the device (moode software) but it didn’t boot up at all. Then I flashed a different card with the Ropieee software thinking that it can be related to the software or card issues. Mercury was up and running with Ropieee however when I switch to I2S input on my DAC the sound is totally distorted, i.e. when sending 24/88 stream DAC shows it is receiving DSD stream. As previously no issues with AES on Mercury nor with with both AES and I2S on PI2AES. I will continue testing. PS when I’ve completed this post I switched again to the I2S input on the DAC connected to Mercury and the distortion is gone but the sound level is still significantly lower than when it is connected via AES. My related equipment: source: Roon server (files and Tidal master); DAC: Denafrips Pontus II; Mercury power supply: default that was in the package (12V LPSU is ordered but not received yet); XLR cable: Neutrik XLR Cable 1 m 3-Pin DMX Microphone Cable AES/EBU DJ 110 Ohm; HDMI cable; Audioquest Pearl 48.