I mentioned a while ago and that the replacement MiniDSP EARS came in. The first EARS I received had extremely poorly matched channels (the right looked like a low shelf filter had been applied - and the compensation files from MiniDSP didn't reflect this) so I contacted MiniDSP who sent me a replacement unit. It's likely the first unit was damaged during shipping. This second unit seems pretty good in terms of channel matching. The most difficult part was trying to get a compensation curve that yielded similar results to my first unit. The EARS, unlike the flat plate couplers, are much more sensitive to seal and replacement. I've spent many hours, days even, trying to precisely align various headphones on the old EARS and new EARS to get a consistent delta. Ultimately, the process just as much as an art, knowing which data sets were garbage to be thrown out and which ones were good. I plotted everything out in Excel to be able to see the outliers. After this, I did a weighted average of data that I felt was good (mostly Sennheisers and a few others). Finally, the last part of the process after I got the L channel dialed in was to get a delta for the R channel. For this, I simply used only HD800 and HD660S, knowing that Sennheiser has historically had much better channel matching than any other manufacturer. Even then, the deltas for each were slightly off (the HD800 is super sensitive to placement in the last octave), so I ended up smoothing the plots and averaging them to get the L-R delta. I'm going to present a few plots to see if they make sense. The idea behind these plots is that the target curve is different from that of the V2 flat plate coupler. The perceptual neutral target curve should be expected to be a horizontal straight line across.