Discussion in 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' started by Vorlon, Mar 1, 2018.
No no no no no no!
1. Slinging constructive criticism like what I did was actually very tame and nothing to get that worked over. It happens on these forums all the time and no one typically reacts to it this strongly. As I mentioned I never expected you to react like this. You can diss my posts all you want and you will never get a similar response from me.
2. I have no idea what you are referring to when you are saying stuff is going on in your private life. Sorry to hear that, but you cannot lay the blame on my footsteps for not knowing you in person/not being able to read through your hints. This is not my first language either.
3. Yes you are right that I hoped this site would have a culture that I described. I also very strongly always got the vibe from 99% of discussions here that that indeed is the case. In other words yes I thought I had found an audio forum that works like I wish more audio forums did. No, I did not fully understand the inner circle/extension of personalities stuff at all.
4. It's obvious we are both people who can do this all day, so let's stop it at this and leave this mess behind us?
5. I tried to PM you when this all started but this forum just gave an error. Long, long before we went into this with all these posts. I thought you had blocked me and wanted this to be public (I did not). I should not have assumed that. My perception was reinforced by the fact that I wrote you a PM back when we had a little argument over the HD 660 S impressions (you were right, I was wrong btw). You did not respond to it, which I interpreted as that you don't talk to talk with me in PMs.
6. I would have MUCH preferred to do this with you via PM or Skype. I did not want this, which is another argument for making an exception and deleting this stuff. That is obviously not up to me though, your call.
Dude, my review of the S19 DAC was literally a picture of dog shit. And I've written many full-length, serious reviews. Sometimes I answer followup questions seriously, sometimes not. I often post most when I'm bored and very drunk.
Are you really that clueless?
Guys, the rules are simple.
Marv is a busy guy and isn't here to answer your questions, audition equipment for you, or post his thoughts on equipment. Don't expect him to, and don't ask him to.
If you want Marv's opinion on a specific piece of equipment, make sure to ask him very specifically about what you want, but keep it brief and to the point, but also keep in mind rule 1.
As long as you strictly follow these two rules, you should be ok!
This thread has given me some valuable information regarding this forum unrelated to the ADI-2 DAC. While not really contributing much of anything to either the topic at hand or the ADI-2 I just wanted to say thank you.
@Vorlon Jesus, I'm not siding with anybody here but when you say you're going to leave, just leave, please. You've said this like 10 times already. Stop coming back for a while (for real). Cool your head a bit. You can respond later. Coming back and say practically same stuff over and over passive-aggressively like you're trying to win something is not helping anyone especially yourself. I care about your mental health.
I have to say you both acted like asses, to be honest. But even from a rando perspective such as mine, I could see that Marvey was messing around with you. If you had left like you said you would and reflected on it a bit after a while, I know you would have seen that coming.
I would probably add a corollary that it's probably best not to "call out" some of the most senior members who have disproportionately contributed valuable impressions and insights over the years, for not doing even more...
You are right I should have left this thread ages ago, my mistake. I'll make it right now.
Do I come into your house and take a shit on the floor and expect to be taken seriously?
Two weeks off to think about how much time you've wasted collectively across the people who have viewed this thread.
I’m going to put this thread on a temporary time out (locked) until things cool off if the noise continues.
Vorlon just needs a hug and a roster of the high council and senior members, so he know’s who not to prod and poke.
Maybe this would be a quality audio forum if people listened to quality music? You know who you are. That's why we can't have nice things.
Wow. I just came upon this thread. Vorlon kept throwing his shit out there expecting it to stick. The man kept digging that hole deeper and deeper. The sad thing is he didn't even see it!
By the way, what makes this a quality audio forum is that it is not trying to be a quality audio forum!!
If he was this dense to you or any other respected regular member then kept on going like this he’d have earned a much longer ban. The ban is related to the total time wasted for members and visitors of the site. We had a few hundred people run through the thread in a short period of time. Vorlon’s garbage discussion wasted a few minutes of everyone’s time. In aggregate, looking at the data, at least one full human day was wasted on this faffing about. That should earn a friend at least a few weeks off the site. Imagine if you wasted an entire fucking full day of someone’s time?
Damn. I thought I had a shiity day bro.
There is a value in learning how to pick your battles.
LOL, it's not like we don't rubberneck for this shit anyway.
I did have a run in with him in the past, and todays ban is well deserved for his douchbagery. He is a certified moron.
He's like the little kid that keeps asking "why?, but why?"
Dude, the only battles worth fighting are the ones protecting your loved ones (& trustees) or to secure a better future in face of evil (see humanism & philosophy).
Read books like the "Old Testament", "The Art Of War", "The Book Of Five Rings" and "The Prince" and learn about the history (especially from the economic and military perspectives). It is better to ask than to critique. It is better to be informed than to assume. (I am still learning to become better at it!)
When somebody does not like something here it helps to have an idea of that person's preferences and current audio systems (especially regarding budget & sources).
Back to music, my favourite album is playing
SBAF... you can check out but you can never leave.
(Damn: I used to like Hotel California until it became everybody's audition track)
Anyway, to the tune of Tequila Sunrise (it fits with a little effort)...
It's another S B A F Drama...
It happens. It'll all be over soon. It's just a feature of this unique site, and it has a unique way of dealing with it. Not necessarily fair, not necessarily reasonable, just... SBAF. And SBAF remains, in almost every way, considerably superior to some locations on the internet.
As dramas go, it was less entertaining than most. But none of us is forced to read the thread, let alone post on it, so any time wasted is purely voluntary.
Let's move on...
Separate names with a comma.